Simpson Judge are recruiting for a VAT Assistant Accountant on behalf of a Global business in Worsley.
Responsible for the preparation and timely filing of the monthly, quarterly and yearly VAT declarations, Intrastat for Arrivals and Dispatches, EC Sales Lists and EC Purchase Lists for the entities within scope for the centre.
- Responsible for learning indirect tax legislation, which includes but not limited to the VAT returns.
- Assist the VAT Manager in implementing changes that will maintain VAT compliance including but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of VAT accounts for all in scope countries;
- Work on various projects as required;
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Responsible for ensuring VAT receivables are repaid in a timely manner and all payments made by due dates
- Responsible for executing the indirect tax controls needed for compliance with the Sarbanes - Oxley Act
- Interest in a career in Tax
- Good MS Office Skills including Excel
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills and the ability to learn new information and follow processes
- Keenness to share ideas and help improve the way we do things
- A problem-solver, who is willing to use your own initiative and creative solutions for problems and investigate background information.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Experience with SAP or Oracle is desired
- Opportunity for study support - ATT/CTA