Simpson Judge have partnered on an exclusive basis with a fantastic business in Cambridge to recruit for a Qualified Financial Controller.
My client has traded for over 20 years and in that time, have grown quickly and established themselves in a competitive market.
The Financial Controller will provide top-level commercial support to the CFO
Reporting directly to the CFO and with exposure to Group, key responsibilities will include:
• Lead on all financial management and reporting, including year-end accounts
• Oversee all systems and processes in place in the finance team and ensure these are fit for purpose, making improvements where possible.
• Leading the finance team and providing financial leadership for the organisation more generally.
• Managing the dynamic forecast process
• Monthly analysis and monitoring against plan
• Preparation of long-term business plan and target setting
• Support the CFO with managing the funding plan and developing the longer term funding strategy
• Preparing reports for the lending banks and closely monitor covenants
• Implement and manage a tender review process and perform ongoing contract analysis
• Ad-hoc special projects, including finance transformation
As a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) you may have either a background in industry and /or Audit from one of the Top 20 firms. You will be highly analytical, numerate and have experience with system implementation- coupled with a curious mindset and be self-driven to operate in a fast-paced environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to operate with a broad set of responsibilities and with a high profile role within the company - closely supporting the Chief Financial Officer.
A highly competitive package is on offer between £45-60k.
Role advertised by James Turver at Simpson Judge