Simpson Judge has partnered with a great business in their Thames Valley office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire to recruit for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for all aspects of the transactional processing of material and overhead invoices, from invoice receipt to supplier payment.
The business is transitioning to a new business software system and initially the role will be required to support the testing and implementation phase with transactional processing and data migration. This will provide a great opportunity to gain experience and familiarity with the new system and processes.
• Ensure the timely registering of invoices received on the accounting software
• Match invoices to orders and resolve queries with suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Obtain sign off approval for invoice types that do not require a P.O.
• Reconcile supplier accounts to supplier statements
• Liaise with local authorities and utility companies to ensure accurate charging
• Create BACS payments and manual payments as required
• Maintaining responsibility for our commitment to the prompt payment code
• Point of contact for supplier queries
• Request set up of new suppliers when required
• Other duties as required by the Financial Controller
Experience of working in a transactional finance role, processing invoices and associated responsibilities is essential for the role, preferably this will have been gained in a Purchase Ledger role.
• Salary £22k-£24k
• Annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional days
• Private Healthcare
• Discounted Gym memberships
• SAYE scheme
• 'Rewards' Scheme - Voluntary benefits scheme
This role is advertised by James Turver at Simpson Judge