Simpson Judge are recruiting for a Head of Management Accounts on behalf of a Logistics Business based in Trafford Park.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of financial information across the legal entities - Monthly, quarterly and annual year-end financial reporting
- Ensure standard procedures and financial controls are followed, assuring the integrity of the financial reporting and managing financial risks
- Manage and develop direct reports, and ensure all indirect reports are developed and engaged
- Manage workloads across department in order to meet deadlines, provide a good service, on-time accurate reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that direct reports are properly managed, fully understand their roles and, where possible given the opportunity to develop to their full potential
- Ensure all job descriptions, goals and appraisals are properly completed
- Ensure that development and training needs are identified and delivered
- Encourage a ‘can do’ and continuous improvement mindset among all finance staff
- Manage workloads to ensure all staff are fully utilized, challenged and deadlines/requirements are met.
- Ensure group reporting deadlines are met and the data is accurate, clear and concise
- Ensure annual budget and re-forecasting deadlines are met and the data is accurate, clear and concise
- Ensure all KPIs are reported accurately and on time
- Assist local Managers with reporting requests and explanations, without impact on reporting deadlines either internal or external.
- Manage relationship with local Managers to ensure collaborative business partnering
- Raise any reporting issues or large reporting variance to Group Financial Controller on a monthly basis.
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed monthly, follow up any discrepancies, raise any issues with Group Financial Controller
- Ensure Duty/VAT reconciliations are completed on a regular and timely basis
- Ensure all banking and currency transactions are posted accurately per standard procedures
- Ensure segregation of duties to safeguard company assets and prevent fraud
- Ensure any compliance procedures and financial controls are followed to ensure integrity of the accounts
- Act as Super User (or appoint a team member to Super User)(SUN 6, Infor Q&A, Compass, Kewill, Excel)
- Answer queries, collaborate with regional support to ensure any system issues are identified and rectified
Statutory and legal obligations
- Compile and file annual/statutory accounts on-time per country requirements.
- Ensure audits are well prepared for and completed in a timely manner and audit adjustments are minimized.
- Ensure internal audits are well prepared for and completed in a timely manner, and any audit findings are minimized.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
- IT Literate - Intermediate Excel Skills
- Experience of engaging and motivating a small number of direct reports
- Process improvement mindset.
- Problem solver, completer finisher personality, initiative taker
- Good at managing multiple tasks and for different sides of the business
- Technically minded, comfortable with interrogating systems
- Logistics industry experience desirable