I am looking for a proactive, hands-on and enthusiastic People Manager to join my client on a one year maternity cover contract. My client is a leading research & analytics business group which has offices in London, New York and Hong Kong.
The People Manager is a standalone role and will report to the Group Chief Executive. They will be responsible for People strategy, employee relations management, recruitment, training and development, policies, processes and administration across the Group and will have regular contact with the heads of all Group businesses.
* Recruitment — coordinating the recruitment process, scheduling interviews and providing timely feedback
* Ensuring all employee records are filed and kept up to date
* Administering and managing contractual (pension and healthcare scheme) and non-contractual benefits
* Ensuring staff handbooks are up-to-date (to reflect legal changes and changes to company/group policies) and that all company/group policies are maintained
* Maintaining the company’s holiday booking system and sick leave administration
* Conducting exit interviews and dealing with employee exit processes
* Ensuring data protection policies are followed, including completion of all relevant documentation.
* People development — organising the internal training and development programme, including arranging guest speaker sessions
* Managing the annual staff surveys
Required Skills and Abilities
It is essential that the People Manager has:
* A degree level qualification
* Experience of HR law, practices and administration
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a sympathetic and engaging manner
* Excellent senior stakeholder communications
* Good prioritisation skills with an aptitude for working on a number of projects at once while maintaining accuracy and delivering to agreed deadlines
* An understanding and appreciation of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
Benefits include 25 days holiday per year; Critical Life insurance at four times annual salary; Auto-enrolment in company pension scheme (company contribution of 5% of salary).
Subject to satisfactory completion of a three month probation period, additional benefits are
provided, including membership of company health insurance scheme (currently operated by BUPA).
Salary up to £45,000 p.a.