A growing technology business looking at innovative wireless technology across multiple business sectors. As the business continues to grow there will be a key focus on new markets and new applications for their existing tech.
Working closely with an entrepreneurial Managing Director you will head up the Business Development for new sectors and new explore new applications. This role will involve a lot of customer and client facing time in the field and as such you will be looking to combine research and development with closing sales.
This role will assume full responsibility for the development and implementation of business strategy and product research. Key duties will include -
* Identifying opportunities for organic growth.
* Looking at applications for existing technology into new vertical markets and industries.
* Market research, business planning and product specification.
* Market appraisal and business plan - presented to Board.
* Liaise with clients and potential customers on product sales.
* Build a network within the industry and leverage relationships.
* Manage the launch of products into new areas once business case presented and approved.
You will be a highly commercial and entrepreneurial individual with a background / knowledge in the electronics / tech industry. You will also have a personal interest in the electronics and wireless technology space. A solid sales and business development background selling tech products into new markets would be key to achieving success. This role will require a market research and development approach, networking in various vertical industry sectors to identify what direction to take the business development activity in. An ability to work on your own initiative and drive the business forward.