Simpson Judge are recruiting on behalf of a global Business for an experienced VAT Accountant to join their Finance team based in Wilmslow.
To oversee the compliance processes for both direct and indirect tax, including liaising with overseas offices to ensure that all overseas compliance obligations are met.
- Responsible for the preparation/review of VAT returns across the Group
- Undertake internal VAT reviews, analyse VAT recovery on development costs and prepare partial exemption calculations
- To work with external tax advisers to oversee the preparation and filing of annual corporation tax computations including accounting calculations, journals and notes for statutory accounts purposes including deferred tax and balance sheet reconciliations.
- To forecast quarterly instalment payments and other tax payments
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax conditions are met as provided for in funding agreements
- To liaise with overseas offices to ensure global tax compliance requirements are met
- Assist in providing tax advice to the business – covering all taxes and liaising with overseas tax advisors when appropriate
- Responsible for all tax administration
- Adhoc compliance or advisory work on employment taxes and stamp taxes
- To provide tax assistance to finance teams, as and when required
- Keep up to date with changes to tax legislation and communicate these as appropriate
Skills & Experience:
- VAT experience is ESSENTIAL
- Accounting/Tax experience desirable
- Ideally ATT/ACA or CTA qualified (part qualified or qualified by experience also considered)
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and shows initiative
- Can work independently to research issues thoroughly and solve problems
- Must have an ability to work within tight deadlines, and within a fast-paced environment
- Must be customer service focused and be able to communicate and develop relationships
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisation skills with a keen eye for detail