Our client, a well established SME specialising in Media and Events, are looking to appoint a Sales Manager on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing, the Sales Manager will be responsible for maximising opportunities to commercialise the business and to meeting/exceeding agreed sales targets.
On a daily basis you will be expected to -
• Develop and implement a commercial strategy that identifies, exploits and maximises business development opportunities and secondary income generation
• Advocate and adopt varied approaches to prospecting new clients and venues, stakeholders, partnerships and commercial relationships, maximising new revenue opportunities
• Work with the Commercial Account Executive to build and maintain a client bank which is genuinely self-generated, with an accurate record of all sales being credited for salary validation purposes
• Drive awareness of the company brand and enhance and uphold the brand reputation in the industry.
The successful candidate will need to have -
• The authority, empathy and negotiating skills to persuade Board level executives, operating with the highest commercial environments, to adopt our business principles and change business practices to facilitate growth.
• A professional, sympathetic and understanding manner when dealing with customers and business contacts, set in the context of being able to positively take control of such situations, with the ability to influence client decision making.
• Exceptional presentation, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills when working with clients and colleagues of all levels, able to present ideas and results clearly and effectively.
• Proactive, enthusiastic and charismatic approach to meeting client objectives and a flexible, can-do attitude to work in general, with the ability to demonstrate a high level of diplomacy.
• An excellent understanding of event management, operational priorities and financial principles is also essential; an ability to keep fully abreast of internal/external industry developments, with a fundamental appreciation of the business environment/issues specific to operational and financial departments of the Company.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads whilst maintaining attention to detail and meeting agreed deadlines.
Please note – You will require a full Driving License for this role (You will have use of a company pool car where required)
This is a fast paced role which offers lots of variety, and the rare opportunity to be involved in a very exciting sector!