I am currently searching for an experienced Legal Assistant to assist a busy in-house Legal department, on behalf of an international business with a presence in 28 countries, across 61 locations. This is a new role, so in order to be considered you must have experience of working autonomously within a similar in-house role, within an international business.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the administrative and secretarial requirements for a newly established in-house legal function. Reporting into the Chief Legal Officer, your key duties will include:
* Provide general/administrative support to the Legal Department on legal and company secretarial matters
* Maintain updated contact list for engaged law firms
* Arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events
* Deal with incoming and outgoing courier/post as appropriate
* Take telephone enquiries and messages and making appropriate decisions regarding action required
* Arrange notarisation/legalisation of documents
* Assist the company secretarial function with document preparation, record maintenance, liaison with company service providers, etc.
* Manage, organise, populate, update and maintain the database
* Maintain paper and electronic and archiving filing systems for the Legal Department
In order to be successful will possess:
* Bachelor’s Degree (Desirable)
* Relevant administrative/secretarial experience in a legal department/law firm
* Work experience in an international environment
* Competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* The ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines, on your own initiative and under pressure
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Professional telephone manner
* Fluency in Chinese is highly desirable
In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £38,000 p.a., dependent on experience.
You will be working within a progressive company, with a meritocratic view and a good reputation for promoting within. You will be working in stunning newly refurbished offices, located just a stones throw from excellent public transport links.