On behalf of an Education establishment, Simpson Judge are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to support the Finance Director on a part-time interim basis of 30 hours per week.
The successful candidate must be available immediately or at short notice.
- Input standing information to Finance system - creditors, debtors
- Process purchase orders from requisitions, accurately and in accordance with agreed authorisation and timescales
- Print purchase orders, check for accuracy and distribute to suppliers and budget holders
- Process invoices, check to purchase orders and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and payment
- Manage weekly BACS run
- Investigate and resolve supplier invoices under query, arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received
- Raise sales invoices from appropriate documentation
- Print sales invoices, check for accuracy and distribute to debtors
- Implement debt collection procedures, including referral to a debt collection agency if appropriate
- Check and process timesheets and other additions to pay onto payroll system
- Deal with staff queries relating to additions to pay
- Process all staff income (cheques and cash), and banking
- Process Staff Absence Insurance Claims and track income
- Set up new staff and students on ParentPay, issue letters confirming login details and assist with queries from all ParentPay transactions. Set up all payment items on ParentPay including school visits. Identify any payment issues
- Maintain a record of non-invoices income
- Process and reconcile cash
- Keep a record of school purchase card transactions and assist staff using purchase cards
- Calculate internal recharging to departments and process subsequent journals.
- Assist with month end procedures including bank and other reconciliations and journals
- Provide financial information reports from the finance system for budget holders
- Maintain files, carry out filing duties and update creditors information
- Deal with queries from suppliers, debtors, budget holders and other staff
- Provide support for lunch payment queries.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by Finance Director
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced working within a Finance/Accounts function
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- System experience desirable - Oracle, Coreco & SIMS
- MUST be available immediately or at short notice
The role is offered on a part-time basis of 30 hours per week, initially the role will be interim however there is possibility of the position becoming permanent.
The successful candidate must be available to start at short notice - ideally w/c 20th May 2019 following interview.