Simpson Judge are recruiting on behalf of a specialist Social Care organisation in Bredbury for a Part-Time Commercial Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Commercial Finance Manager is a new position.
This is a unique opportunity for a Qualified Accountant who is looking for a commercial finance role, to join a fast paced and growing organisation.
This could be an ideal first time move from practice for the right individual or may suit someone with commercial finance experience in industry who is seeking a part time role, or a step up from a more junior role.
The business has grown rapidly in the last few years, and continues to expand, offering the right candidate ample development opportunities. This role will offer the successful candidate an opportunity for senior operational and board level exposure, and the chance to have a genuine impact on business strategy.
- Investment appraisal and production of investment memorandums for new investments
- Supporting new developments from a financial perspective, including cost monitoring and other commercial support as needed
- Support with identification of potential acquisition targets, approaching any identified targets and assisting the finance director and senior team with diligence, acquisition and integration of any identified acquisitions
- Supporting tender submissions, including pricing and also support with completion of tender paperwork alongside the business development team
- Liaison with insurance brokers, including overseeing and supporting claims information provision, and overseeing the renewal process annually for all business insurances
- Supporting the annual budgeting process and translating this into the forecast model
- Assisting in the production of an annual budget detailed overview document for board sign off
- Supporting on-going cashflow forecasting and monitoring
- Analysis of the monthly management accounts, including identifying and investigating trends and adverse variances and supporting the business leaders in managing costs accordingly
- Production of weekly KPIs
- Support with provision of information and analysis to investors as required
- Bank management information and covenant compliance reporting
- Assistance with specific projects, providing accurate analysis to aid commercial decision making
- Providing support to the finance director and wider senior team
Skills & Experience:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Strong excel skills, including building financial models and use of excel for financial analysis
- Experience in review and analysis of divisional financial performance would be an advantage
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to work closely with non-financial colleagues as well as partnering with senior business leaders on specific projects
- Ability to write reports and presentations
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial results
- Variance analysis
- Corporate finance experience desirable
The role is on a Part-Time basis of 20 hours per week with a flexible working pattern on offer.