We are currently supporting a very exciting and notably, ever evolving technology and artificial intelligence SME with the recruitment of a new Financial Controller. They are very customer focused and pride themselves on the product they have offered for over 25yrs. This is a very stable business with a turnover of circa £20m with recent developments ensuring that the future is very much an exciting one, something that is felt internally from all members of the business and gives credit to what is an environment and culture that is very family/community focused and extremely collaborative.
It is imperative and non-negotiable that you know NetSuite as a system as this is a recent acquisition and adoption for the business and will play a vital role in the future reporting function. Please do not apply if you have not got strong NetSuite experience as your application will be immediately rejected – it is again, a non-negotiable.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure all statutory accounting and reporting functions are fulfilled, reporting in FRS102.
• Management of transactional team that includes a Credit Controller, Payroll Clerk, Purchase Ledger and 2 x Assistants (under the Purchase Ledger).
• Business partnering other staff from across all departments and ensuring the information gained for financial reporting is accurate for both internal and external purposes.
• Document, implement and operate financial controls as necessary and ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
• Monitor and review the effectiveness of financial controls to ensure that they remain appropriate at all times.
• Working with budget holders to prepare the annual budget for approval from directors.
• Control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company strategy including preparing budgets in line with that strategy and monthly management accounts to show the performance against the budgets.
• Monitor all payments to employees and ensure that all relevant regulations are being complied with.
• Ensure the company financial systems (NetSuite) are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant financial legislation and ensure that’s all accounting information is accurate and processed correctly and records are stored appropriately.
• Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies including preparing monthly cash flow statements.
• Maintain strong working relationships with bankers, auditors, external treasury and tax support and investment managers.
• Contribute fully to the development of the company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate.
• Manage staff in the finance department, monitoring their work, setting targets and carrying out regular appraisals.
• Liaise with staff from other departments as necessary, providing proactive support and advice on financial issues as needed.
• The operation of the sale ledger ensuring that invoices are raised promptly and accurately and that appropriate credit control procedures are in place to ensure prompt payment of debts.
• The operation of purchase ledger ensuring that invoices are accurately recorded in Exchequer and that suppliers are paid within agreed credit terms.
• Ensure relevant accounting reconciliations are carried out on a regular basis.
• The smooth operation of the monthly payroll and ensure that all relevant requirements are complied with.
• Responsible for the month end reporting including control account reconciliations, stock accuracy, bad debt reviews and bank reconciliations.
• Analyse figures and implement recommendations on the findings.
• Prepare other financial reports on specific activities and performances when needed.
• Assistance with the production of the draft year end management accounts, supporting schedules and liaison with the auditors.
• Responsible for, year-end reporting.
• Ensure accurate and timely submissions of Inland Revenue returns.
• Updating reviewing and documented the organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
• You must be a qualified accountant with a recognised qualification such as ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent.
• Experience within an SME environment is preferred.
• An offering of flexible working is on offer, we will even consider someone days per week if part time is preferred.
• You must appreciate that this is a vert stable and collaborative environment, having the ability to adapt and integrate yourself in to such a culture is a must.
• Additional benefits will be discussed on application.
• Standard soft skills are essential, thigs such as string communication, ability to business partner and pay close attention to detail and manage accordingly.
• FRS 102 exposure is essential.