We are currently supporting a very exciting global private equity backed business who are looking for a very strong technical accountant to act as business partner to the global regions and manage the central costs. This will include oversight and education of the transactional functions, subsidiaries and the executives of all their reporting (IFRS and local GAAP) and cost bases.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as finance business partner for the global transactional teams, the executive committees in each country and bridge the gap between the Group Financial Controller and the FP&A team.
• Manage and report in to the senior stakeholders on each of the above costs bases and provide support and recommendations as necessary.
• Policy management and ad-hoc business partnering with Treasury, Tax and your other technical reporting teams - in addition to your key stakeholders and business partners above.
• Be exceptional in your cross-departmental communication and action when it comes to dealing with your reporting and transaction management.
• Own the entire budgeting and forecasting for the central costs of the business.
• Continuous and process improvement of cash flow reporting, transactional processes such as invoicing and revaluations, acquisitions and other M&A activity and analysis of varying reports.
• Crucial input in to the monthly reporting processes for Management Accounts.
• Be adaptable to consistent changes and ad-hoc projects that arise.
• Management of the corporate expenditure/expenses, providing reports and analysis where needed for senior management.
• Support and provide control for any contractual negotiations and recovery of costs where needed.
• Be the expert in cost accounting.
• Design, implement and manage the global accounting policy framework according to current AND future reporting standards.
• Maintain an up to date policy record and pre-empt any changes that may affect the business and their future revenue lines.
• Provide expert advise on the IFRS accounting policy to the entire business, thus making sure you are a world class business partner.
• Report and business partner with the Group Financial Controller on all policy processes and procedures and maintain compliance in accordance with said policies.
• Update, develop and educate all staff on IFRS.
• Timely communication and resolution to any challenges regarding changes or updates on IFRS.
• Ensure complete and full proof technical accuracy is achieved.
• Implementation and project management of any new policy and reporting processes that are needed.
• Due diligence on any material acquisitions in conjunction with correct reporting standards.
Essential requirements from you:
• ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualified - preferably from a top tier/big 4 practice background.
• Exposure and experience with cost accounting and varying divisions and how they fit in to a wider business, such as technical reporting, management accounting, corporate accounting and commercial.
• IFRS and local GAAP exposure and understanding.
• Extremely self starting and passionate about business partnering and education on compliance and accounting standards.
• Ability to manage upward as well as downward.
• International exposure as this will be a global role.
• A desire to want to drive your division forward and progress through the ranks of a very exciting business.
• World class communication skills.
• Strong educational background.
• Adaptable, passionate, high levels of integrity and ability to manage multiple projects to varying pressured deadlines.