ERP Project Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for running multiple full lifecycle projects for the implementation and integration of ERP and FMS applications (SAP Business One and Infor SunSystems) on behalf of new and existing clients.
• Create and maintain accurate project plans in conjunction with the client and Project Delivery Team
• Direct and manage ERP or FMS projects from beginning to end
• Preparation of project reviews after each major phase and/or on the completion of a project
• Establishing project governance and delivering projects to a successful conclusion
• Author and maintain clear, concise project documentation
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project resources and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
• Manage change control
• Provide status reports to project sponsor
• Identify, analyse, track and prioritise project risk then develop response plans
• Project QA and performance monitoring
• Track project status and manage project issues and risks
• Keeping project information consolidated and up to date
• Liaise with third party suppliers and coordinate resources and tasks
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal project management practices
• The role involves travel throughout the UK.
Project Management Related Competencies
• Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects
• Minimise exposure to risk across multiple projects
• Review high-level deliverables across projects
• Manage scope and mitigates risk across projects.
• Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing and monitors receivables for all projects under their direction
• Integrate financial data for multiple projects
• Ensure that all timesheets are processed within the set requirement
• Analyse profitability, revenue, margins and utilisation across projects
• Address elevated billing issues when they arise.
• Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins and utilisation across projects
• Manage to and achieves revenue goals set for the projects
• Set expectations upwards regarding revenue and profitability projections.
• Identify and capitalise on “add on” sales opportunities across projects
• Assist in identifying opportunities of new accounts
• Work with the sales team to follow up on sales leads within the business
• Maintain a positive working relationship with the client across projects.
• Serve as a key participant in team and client meetings
• Tactfully communicate sensitive information
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors and peers in the business
• Confront issues openly and quickly
• Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice and respect for the individual.
• Assist in the evaluation and redesign of our business offerings
• Working knowledge of financial, accounting and distribution systems
• Possess a detailed understanding of ERP solutions.
• Pursue excellence in all aspects of the business
• Challenge others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities
• Build expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to other members
• Possess the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
• Encourage creative and innovative thinking from the team members while assisting them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition
• Work across the organisation to share lessons learned and best practice methods
• Help to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
• Continually seek and capitalise upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
• Manage day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects
• Anticipate clients’ needs and proposes alternative business solutions
• Maintain client engagement through regular meetings and status reports
• Possess a knowledge base of each client’s business, organisation and objectives.
• PMP certification or pursuing
• AgilePM – desirable
• PRINCE2 - desirable
Additional Skills and Experience
• You must possess strong client facing skills - with a demonstrable track record in managing financial accounting software or ERP implementations
• SAP Business One knowledge would be advantageous but is not essential
• Technical competence with MS Project and SharePoint preferred
• You will have a minimum of 5 years proven Project Management experience and be used to running projects of all sizes (40-400+ man days)
• Knowledge of a structured project methodology is desirable
• You must also be able to work with global project & support teams and must therefore be able to plan you work accordingly
• Excellent written and spoken English is a prerequisite for the position.
You must possess the ability to maintain a professional demeanour in times of high stress and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and foster client relationships.