Simpson Judge is delight to be working with a growing and fast paced wholesale company based in Warrington that is looking to appoint a unique Financial Controller who ACCA or CIMA qualified. You will be joining the company in a hands on role and will report directly in the Managing Director.
You will be responsible for coordinating and directing the preparation of the budgets and financial forecasts, along with monthly management accounts and with monthly group reporting.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Line management and development of team members
• Manage all accounting operations including accounts payable, nominal ledger, expenses and credit card expenditure
• Monitor cashflow and oversee credit control function
Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Support month-end and year-end close process and liaise with auditors throughout the statutory audit process
• Experienced in overseeing a payroll function and able to deal with ad hoc queries
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Standard soft skills will be essential, such as communication, team work, collaboration and a general passion for what you do. The more prominent areas of exposure will include excellent team management, proven ability to perform tasks under pressure and against tight deadlines, exceptional decision making and flexibility to get the job done whilst following the company policies and procedures.
You'll be a qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), looking to step to a highly visible and responsible position to manage all finance and accounting operations whilst leading a fast growing finance department.