The role requires the Accountant to be responsible for key areas of the finance department including payroll, invoicing and monthly management information. It will also involve working closely alongside the Finance Manager and Accounts Assistant.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare monthly payroll file to be reviewed by the Finance Manager, liaising with HR to ensure all relevant information is captured correctly. Provide a timely response to any review queries.
• Process payroll using Sage 50 Payroll. Ensure information is correctly shared with HMRC.
• Produce management information using Sage 50 Payroll to be used in Finance and HR reporting.
• Process pension within the provider system monthly.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of HMRC, pension and other payroll-related legislation.
• Be the first point of contact for staff queries relating to payroll.
• Work closely with Operations and Sales to ensure an up to date knowledge of active client projects and specific invoicing requirements.
• Prepare client invoices for services and expenses in Kimble monthly to be reviewed by the Finance Manager.
• Keep an up to date record of client accounts contacts and send invoices by working day 5 of the month.
Management Accounts Preparation
• Prepare a monthly management accounts file including backing documentation for prepayments, accruals and fixed assets.
• Review the monthly numbers alongside the Finance Manager to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
Qualifications and Experience
• Part Qualified Chartered or Certified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Experience in running payroll and in using Sage 50 Payroll, including up to date knowledge of HMRC rules and regulations.
• Experience in preparing Management Accounts.
• Experience in Microsoft Office, including strong Excel skills.