Simpson Judge are currently working with a client that is seeking a Financial Controller on a full-time permanent basis due assist with exciting growth and development plans. This role will be a major part on doubling, if not tripling the companies turnover. The Financial Controller will report directly into the Managing Director and Senior Management Team and will be required to provide and manage a comprehensive financial control function that maximises profitability, supports the management team and contributes to the successful development of the company.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts for the company
• Preparation of annual budgets
• Preparation of financial forecasts and business plans for the business.
• Prepare papers for board and management meetings and attend these meetings to deal with all financial and commercial aspects of the company’s business.
• Ensure appropriate internal control systems are in place within the company to protect the company’s assets and to prevent fraud or errors.
• Efficiently manage the company’s working capital, manage the cash flow and prepare updated cash flow forecasts as required.
• Liaise with the company’s bankers, apply for and negotiate new facilities as required and ensure terms of all facilities, including covenants are met.
• Liaison with external reporting accountants/auditors ensuring full cooperation to meet their requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring company compliance with HMRC
• Monitor and analyse margins and costs by contract and identify ways to improve profitability.
• As member of management team, proactively assist in decision making and reviewing operations. This will involve significant input into strategy, acquisitions, funding and commercial decision making.
To be successful in this recruitment you will be;
• A qualified accountant (Preferably chartered – CA, ICAS, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with ideally a five years post qualification experience within a fast-paced commercial environment.
• Demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, together with a proactive and positive approach.
• Have significant experience in supporting non-financial managers with appropriate financial information, KPI’s etc.
• Experience of acquisitions or general corporate finance would be an advantage.