Management Accountant - Blackburn
You will be responsible for providing team support, along with deputising for the Financial Controller where necessary. The role will suit a CIMA / ACCA qualified accountant who has experience in producing full management accounts, with an excellent eye for detail and has advanced excel skills.
• Consolidation and review of the monthly Management Accounts, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
• Assistance with monthly journal preparation and input
• Balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
• Monthly management accounts commentary
• Monthly channel profitability reporting and commentary
• Preparation and consolidation of monthly sales forecasts
• Producing the weekly Cashflow Forecast
• Overseeing and reviewing payments prior to approval
• Monthly payroll calculation and review with external outsourced payroll provider, including reconciliations and relevant submissions.
• Assist with production and consolidation of annual budgets (Detailed sales, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow)
• Assistance with audit preparation and liaison with external contacts.
• General ledger and system maintenance
• Adhoc reporting, including Board Report data
• Support Financial Controller with reporting, data analysis and BI integration projects
• Manage and mentor 2 members of staff: Assistant Accountant (Payables Team) and Assistant Accountant (Credit Control Team)
Experience and Qualifications:
• CIMA or ACCA fully qualified.
• Experience of producing full set of management accounts.
• Experience of ERP / Financial Systems and use of ‘odbc’ data reporting.
• Payroll experience using Sage payroll or similar package.
• Advanced excel skills: sumifs, vlookups, ‘if’ statements, index, pivot tables, macros.
• Experience in report writing and data analysis.
• Experienced of working in project teams that involved system changes or process improvements.
This is a business that can offer excellent career progression and cross functional opportunities to all employees. It is very much an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ environment and employees are encouraged to go out of their comfort zone to increase experience and knowledge.