You will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of the Purchase Ledger function whilst providing any ad-hoc support to the Finance Department. Any training and support will be provided.
• Invoice matching, coding (using excel) and entering invoices onto ERP system Sage Line 500.
• Preparing and carrying out payment runs by BACS and international bank transfers using excel and Sage.
• Setting up new supplier accounts / maintaining supplier details/ completing new account application forms.
• Undertaking supplier statement reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Checking employee expense claims are properly authorised and supported with receipts and are in accordance with company policy.
• Processing the company credit card, mobile phone bill & expenses on a monthly basis using excel.
• Processing and coding the warehouse invoices weekly using excel.
• Dealing with suppliers queries on a daily basis via telephone and email.
• Posting and allocating cash on supplier accounts, and reconciliation.
• Periodic aged creditors reviews.
• Purchase Ledger monthly close off and reconciliation.
• Preparing the purchase ledger month end journal in excel each month.
• Filing of all purchase ledger documents in the relevant folders.
• Weekly reviewing and reconciliation of unallocated cash.
• Ad hoc support to all Finance Team.
Experience and Qualifications:
• 2 years’ experience leading the Purchase Ledger function
• Confident with Excel: filtering, sorting, basic formulas, inserting data, freezing panes, navigating a large spreadsheet, data manipulation
• Experience of Sage Line 500 or other similar ERP system
• Experienced in taking responsibility of a full ledger (inputting, paying, close off)
• Experience of dealing with multi currencies and multiple payment terms
• Experience of high number of transactions in a busy environment
• Able to prioritise workload