Playing a key role in the development, testing and maintenance of software systems, you will develop systems and processes in a bespoke manufacturing environment to service the core competencies of making life easier for the installer by providing quality products at competitive prices, in shorter lead times, backed by exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for coding, developing and maintaining a Configure Price Quote (CPQ) software programme to work in conjunction with Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The role also offers opportunities to diversify into related developments and project management, including Power-BI reporting and customisation and integration of workshop data-capture software into an existing network to meet the needs of the business.
Full Training is Provided.
• Delivering CPQ development projects to accomplish company goals
• Preparation of user training documentation
• Development testing and risk mitigation before going live
• Following detailed specifications and program codes
• CPQ System maintenance, support and ongoing development
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including third party IT and IS support subcontractors.
Key Personal Skills
• Time and task management
• Strong communication skills, ability to manage and work in a team
• Attention to detail, risk assessment and problem solving
• An understanding of corporate structure and reporting
• Analytical and commercial experience.
Essential Technical Skills
• Developing CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote) software using C# and similar dev languages is essential.
Desirable Technical Skills
• Microsoft Dynamics NAV (2016 onwards) or other major ERP experience beneficial (Salesforce, SAP, Netsuite)
• .NET Framework
• SQL, Jet reporting
• Power BI
• Data Warehousing
• Business System Process Analysis using Visio or similar business process mapping software • Server configuration
• Knowledge of web-based programs and API’s.
• Degree-level education along with vocational training or at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment would also be highly advantageous.