The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Finance Department with all day to day accounts activities to ensure the smooth running of the department. You will be processing all required Invoices to ensure suppliers and purchasers are paid promptly and efficiently and ultimately you will be trained to cover all finance office activities, including profit and loss account, financial reporting, journal entries and project profitability analysis, intercompany transactions and analysis.
• Learning all aspects of the accounts office including Payroll, Job Costing, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Cash Book.
• Inputting to Sage Line 50 preparing spreadsheets and/or using specialist accounting software
• Assistance with timesheets costs and subcontractors spend
• Assist during month end with accruals and prepayments calculations and posting journals
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Be located within the accounts department team.
• Gain experience in liaising with other sections of the office through teamwork.
• Making enquiries and dealing with queries by phone or in person
• General administrative duties, such as filing and data entry.
• Attend in house on the job training under the supervision of the Commercial Controller to support your development and growth.
• Any other ad hoc duties as may be required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
• Good understanding of basic IT packages such as Word, Excel (vlookup, sumifs, pivot tables) , Office
• Good numerical skills
• Good analytical skills
• Well organized with good attention to detail
• Good time management skills
• Minimum 4 GCSE’s Grade A – C Maths, English, IT and Business Studies
• AAT studier (Passed Level 1)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to learn in their role and ultimately progress within a growing Finance function.