Due to team expansion, Simpson Judge are recruiting on behalf of a Logistics company in Heywood for a Financial Controller.
Advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
Responsibilities of the job include: preparing reports, budgets, commentaries, analysing cost saving opportunities.
The role will combine your accounting skills with business management skills. You will need to possess the skills to analyse the performance of a business and advise on how to prevent problems, adapt to changing circumstances and improve value.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be an effective business partner, to the operations, providing a robust link between the operation and operational finance
- Produce accurate financial information, including management accounts, budgets, forecast, balance sheet reconciliations, and other key financial analysis and reports
- To provide concise reporting and explanations on actual financial performance against budget, forecast, quicks and business and customer expectations
- To prepare capital or revenue investment applications promptly, in line with company policy and procedure, detailing all relevant and pertinent information is included to assist decision making
- To provide financial, KPI and statistical information to management, customers and other third parties
- To highlight areas of potential profitability and efficiency improvements to management
- To highlight any areas of potential current or future risk, working with management to mitigate the risk
Skills & Experience
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA preferred. Will consider Part-Qualified and QBE
- Working knowledge of current accounting standards (IFRS and UKGAAP) and basic financial legislative requirements affecting accurate production of financial management information
- Disciplined and pragmatic approach to supporting management
- Ability and enthusiasm to understand operational aspects of business and apply this to the financial perspective
- Experience of developing procedures and troubleshooting, working in an ever changing organisation
- Flexible and open to change within a growing business
- Able to remain focused and calm during periods of high workloads and short deadlines