A top 50 ranked, and award winning UK professional services firm with an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment. This firm is a leading independent provider of accounting, business advisory and wealth management services, and has multiple offices across the North West. They currently employ over 280 people, and offer their staff a lively social scene, along with an innovative flexible benefits scheme, and genuine opportunities to achieve progression.
This is an excellent opportunity for a numerate and articulate individual to take up a position within the Healthcare Services department. Supporting the Healthcare Services team in Blackpool, you will deliver a quality service to a range of clients.
The principal duties of this role will be to prepare and undertake accounts assignments for client manager/senior manager review.
Your duties will include:
• Preparing annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
• Preparing draft tax computations alongside the accounts work
• Preparing draft superannuation certificates
• Preparing personal expense claims
The successful applicant will need to be able to plan and prioritise their own workload, be able to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner, and be a good team player.
To be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following:
• 8 GCSEs including grade A Maths and English
• A Level or equivalent in a business or numeracy related subject
• AAT (or part AAT qualification)
• A minimum of two years’ experience in an accounts role within practice
• Good IT skills, including Word and Excel
• A driving licence and a car insured for business use
Experience of medical accounts will be advantageous, although not essential.