Simpson Judge are recruiting on behalf of a leading, well established company in Manchester City Centre for an experienced Credit Controller to join their team on a Permanent Full Time basis.
To maximise cash collections for the Accounts Ledger by utilising various methods available, predominately telephone chasing and some by letter, email and query resolution.
Excellent negotiation and customer service skills are essential in ensuring the customers pay within their agreed terms in order to reduce the overall outstanding debt due to the company.
The role involves working very much as part of the team offering on-going support but also working with own initiative whilst managing personal workload.
- To contact all overdue accounts on the ledger by maximising outgoing calls
- Maintain the status of all on going debt collection utilising the debt management system
- Follow up on deadlines and coordinate further action where required
- Work towards targets for cash collection to reduce outstanding debt exposure to the company
- Record accurately any invoice disputes relating to overdue debt and ensure dispute is resolved
- Able to deal with disputes with firmness but also with understanding and support where necessary
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Credit Control experience in a B2B environment
- SAP experience
- Computer literate & Strong Excel skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Strong negotiator
- Excellent interpersonal & organisation skills
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines/targets
- Proactive in achieving results
- Able to multi-task and evolve to a changing environment
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually, managing own workload and multi task
You will be joining a stable, well established team with opportunity for progression and training and development plans.