Successful Owner Managed Business based in Manchester is looking to appoint a dedicated individual, who is ready to take on a vital and leading role in the establishment of the company's tax department. The Tax Group's main purpose will be handling taxes, VAT and all the related reporting.
* Participating in different counselling- and restructuring projects with a keen focus to advise on tax matters.
* Conducting tax reporting on a monthly and yearly basis and ensuring efficient tax reporting procedures in collaboration with the rest of the finance department
* Dealing with tax audits in collaboration with external auditors.
* Supplying qualified decision making advice to the different departments in the organization.
* Creating value through efficient problem solving.
* Be a technological front runner
The ideal candidate
As set forth above, we are looking for an ambitious Head of Tax who wishes to boost their career and become a part of one of the biggest business successes in the North West.
First class interpersonal skills given the position's interaction with senior management and the C Suite.
* You have a natural hands-on approach, which is motivated by operational curiosity
* You are analytic, systematic and result oriented
* You work independently and thrive in new and quickly variating tasks
*UK tax experience gained within a consulting capacity as well as in industry.
* Breadth of experience covering tax compliance, tax accounting and strategic tax advisory projects. Exposure to indirect taxes is useful.