Simpson Judge are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst for a market leading FTSE 100 company with a true global presence based in Greater Manchester. You will define the requirements of business change initiatives and produce high-quality analysis deliverables.
Through a structured approach you will use your analysis expertise, methodologies and standards to help shape the future processes, system requirements and data needs.
In addition, you will assist the developers with business questions, and ensure that the development effort is aligned to meet the business needs. You will report to the Principal BA and will provide analysis of business user requirements in preparation for the delivery of new operational work by group IT for business applications.
You will have the following skills and expertise;
• Previous Business Analyst experience within IT
• Good business facing and stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to communicate well with non-technical users and developers alike, written and verbal.
• Previous experience of requirements management, elicitation, documentation and analysis into workable business solutions.
• Previous experience of writing Functional (Essential) & Technical (Desirable) specifications.
• Previous experience of Process Mapping (BPI) – ‘As is’ & ‘To be’ processes.
• Previous experience of workshop facilitation and presenting to an audience.
• Experience of multiple projects and business users
• Experience of working in demanding user and software development environments
• Develop solid understanding of Solutions and Services provided by Group IT.
• Develop good team working relationships within Group IT team.
• Lead and facilitate meetings and workshops of varying sizes and composition to ensure that all stakeholders’ needs are captured and recorded.
• Collect, analyse and document business, functional and data requirements from stakeholders and define strong acceptance criteria.
• Collect, document and maintain ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ business processes.
• Document solution deliverables within a Functional Specification documentation.
• Work with all members of Group IT and 3rd parties to define the most effective and efficient technical solutions to deliver effective and efficient business solutions that meet the business requirements.
• Develop a good working rapport with stakeholders and communicate in an effective manner, ensuring all parties all kept well informed of progress of business change.
• Work closely with IT Project Managers and as directed, to achieve the agreed deliverables.
• Work closely with the Applications Development team to assist with BAU initiatives.
• Assist as required with the production of technical specifications.
• Bridge the gap between the customer and delivery teams and support the testing team during the project lifecycle.