On behalf of a Leading Design & Manufacturing business, Simpson Judge are recruiting for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team in Clifton.
Reporting to the FD initially with a strong link to the MD. An integral member of the senior management team, you will be responsible for the development of the financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organisation’s strategic goals.
In addition to the strategic components, you will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures in the finance, commercial and operational areas.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join a growing, successful and profitable organisation.
Initially the role will be to manage the Financial aspects of the business, with potential in the future to take over the operations including staff management and day-to-day operational duties of the business.
- Advise the MD/FD and other key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities and financial policy matters
- Serve as the business management liaison to the MD and effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the MD
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organisation
- Represent the organisation externally, as necessary, particularly in financial and commercial negotiations
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance, commercial and operations teams
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies and procedures
- Plan and oversee the annual budget process
- Provide analytical support to internal management team including the development of internal management reporting capabilities
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, foreign exchange, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and purchasing
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified
- Accounting or Business degree preferred
- Currently in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience
- Proven track record of success in facilitating progressive change and development within a growing organisation
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- A team leader, excellent managerial skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills