As the IT Manager you will be responsible for the management and control of all facets of UK IT including configuration, operation, maintenance and development of the company hardware, software and network infrastructure, working closely with the 3rd party IT Support function.
The duties of the IT Manager include, but are not limited to:
• Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
• Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
• Support the definition of the IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
• Manage compliance with security settings, company policies and user access levels to ensure network and access security and incident reporting
• Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
• Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs
• Assess vendors and develop strategies for new hardware and software
• Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
• Provide full in-house IT support as required, across two sites
• On site contact for 3rd party IT support, including coordination of server and backup maintenance
• Monitoring works completed by 3rd party IT support, with a view to minimising the cost of external support
• Liaising with the global IT support function to resolve Office 365 issues, manage Active Directory, users, and permissions
• Administration and maintenance of the IT equipment accounting system, license management, usage control of installed licenses and compliance with license rules
• Provision of end-user training for new software or equipment.
Candidates for this role must be willing to occasionally travel to London as they will be responsible for IT support across both sites.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
• Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
• Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
• The ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines
• Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritise
• Have proven experience in an IT Management role
• Excellent all-round communication skills.