The IT Manager is expected to work closely with the directors, management, and e-commerce staff to support and facilitate this development whilst continuing to provide and maintain a secure and efficient IT environment for the rest of the business to continue operations.
All members of the team are expected to approach their duties with an inquisitive mind-set and adopt the principles of Continuous Improvement. Team members are empowered to identify opportunities for improvement across all areas of the business, its systems, and processes.
• Overall responsibility for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the Masterdata held within SAP
• Control the creation, update and deletion of all Masterdata elements – products, customers, suppliers, costs, prices, exchange rates etc
• Support and maintain the daily business processes within SAP ensuring daily startup is bug-free
• Control and provide access to and authorisation limits within SAP including the ability to override and edit pre-populated data
• Liaise with the wider business and directors to schedule mass information uploads / updates to minimise disruption to operations (eg. Annual pricing changes or seasonal promotions).
• Ensure the security of the IT network and infrastructure is not compromised
• Create and manage user profiles, software access, accounts and passwords across all software
• Maintain IT asset and Software Licence register, re-assigning to new users as required
• Point of contact for all technical queries and advice, internal and external, extending to peripheral equipment such as CCTV, internet providers, phones, alarms, warehouse equipment etc
• Liaise with external software and support providers to ensure business continuity and value
• Any other ad-hoc duties to support the team, including supporting the Finance team during the annual stock take and audit which may involve additional hours or weekend working.
• Control the flow of information necessary to maintain security of business processes, operations and financial exposure
• Identify areas of improvement to ensure the business is utilising the full capabilities of SAP B1
• Liaise with SAP B1 external providers for support, testing and project managing upgrades
• Identify and advise on advancements in technology which will provide efficiencies to the business in time, cost and resource and future proof operations in a cost-effective manner
• Ensure the smooth integration of external systems and the accurate data transfer into & out of SAP
• Weekly and monthly reporting of key information changes and risk areas eg. New products & pricing
• Implement user reviews of the system to consolidate workloads, provide training where required and automate reports and routine processes
• Design and maintain a disaster recovery procedure and provide out of hours support if required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• An individual with practical experience of IT and network administration in
• Experience of SAP Business 1 is essential
• Used to working with complex data sets in a fast-paced retail or manufacturing environment
• Attention to detail, ensuring that processing is both accurate and complete
• A team player with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
• Experience of implementing change, often on high-pressure solo projects.