We have an interesting and rare opportunity to replace a retiree as a Payroll Officer.
This permanent role with full time hours and would suit someone who is in a Payroll Administrator role and looking to step up or in an all-round capacity.
It will require a candidate who has the working knowledge already to fall quickly into the role and take upon themselves to lead and take ownership of ley deadlines and tasks.
Day to day tasks will include:
• Processes company's payroll every pay period, monthly up to 300.
• Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data onto a bespoke
• Computes employee take-home pay based on time records, benefits, and taxes
• Answers staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
• Receives and coordinates requests for leave and other absences
• Handles changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles
• Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
• Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
• Honour confidentiality of employees' pay records
• Completes payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
• Determines organisation's tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions
• Performs the distribution of wages through issuance of paper checks or direct transfers to employees' bank accounts
• Supervises other payroll clerks and employees as needed
The benefits in return include 22 days plus BH, Pension, Cycle to work scheme and additional team incentives.
To apply email: