I am currently working with a well-known Wigan based organisation to recruit and appoint an experienced HR Officer. As the HR Officer you will be responsible for promoting and supporting the vision and direction of the business by providing day-to-day leadership that will enable success to the highest possible standards of achievement and well-being. The HR Officer, alongside the Finance Officer, will advise and support the CEO and COFO in coordinating, formulating and reviewing the aims and support service initiatives within the organisation, including any change processes and achievement of business objectives.
The HR Officer will provide strategic and operational HR advice and support to the Executive Management Team and Board of Directors and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of new and existing HR policies ensuring compliance with latest employee legislation. The HR Officer will manage the companies recruitment process, sickness management, leave of absence, disciplinary and grievance procedures under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating and Finance Officer. The HR Officer will work with the Finance Officer to ensure effective HR systems and procedures are fully in place at all times.
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Proven track record in HR team management, including excellent generalist experience in a wide range of employee relations issues, recruitment, organisational change and staff development.
• CIPD L7 or equivalent personnel qualification or willingness to work towards
• NVQ L4 in Business administration or equivalent relevant qualification or comparable level of relevant experience
• 3 x GCSE’s level C or above including English & Maths or equivalent qualifications
• Significant proven experience of showing leadership skills and of converting complex plans and projects into action to deliver objectives and targets within agreed timescales and budgets
• Proven ability to use a high level of initiative to respond to and resolve a wide range of complex and long term challenges
• Extensive experience and proven ability to manage, motivate, negotiate and influence a wide range of staff over a number of areas of work within a large organisation
• Ability to work with others as a leader and as a team member
• Commitment to customer care and delivering services in line with the needs of the service users
• Willingness to be flexible to work outside the normal working pattern when required
• High competency in the implementation and use of ICT systems and procedures.
• Understanding of Health & Safety legislation and employment law policies and procedures
• Experience in a wide range of employee relations issues, recruitment, organisational change and
• staff development
• Experience of implementing employment law policies and procedures
• Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a balanced, diplomatic and professional manner
• Knowledge of developing and maintaining HR and administrative procedures
• Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practices
• Good organisational skills to manage and support meetings and other events
• Excellent communication skills to deal with a range of people
• Ability to use initiative to respond to and resolve problems within recognised procedures
• Ability to deal effectively with conflicting demands placed on your time and be personally effective
• To work effectively with personnel at all levels and build and maintain effective relationships
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise yourself and others
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• To show commitment to sustain excellent attendance at work