Simpson Judge is working on behalf of a client based in Halifax who require a Finance Manager. This is a key role within the organisation where strong leadership skills are essential. The successful candidate will drive performance and have overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Finance team.
· Production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts, including P&L analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, recommendations and commentaries. Presenting the results to stakeholders, including CFO and CEO
· Business partner with department heads/managers and hold monthly budget review meetings to produce budgets and regular forecasts
· Ensuring invoicing is kept up to date and all invoices are reviewed within 1 working day of receipt
· Overseeing the aged debtors and ensuring that accounts are kept up to date
· Responsible for the intercompany reconciliation
· Management of cash flow and resourcing, ensuring effectiveness
· Reviewing employee performance through daily monitoring and monthly 121s. Identifying any training needs and plan continuous improvement training programmes to continuously improve service levels and accuracy.
· Coach, motivate and retain high performing employees and coordinate pay review and bonus schemes.
· CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified
· Strong Excel & Powerpoint experience
· Previous Sage experience
· Evidence of a proactive approach to work and people management
· Positive outlook and approach with a proven ability to motivate and engage others