5 February 2024
Simpson Judge are working very closely with a large multi-national business as they look to appoint a Payroll Manager. This hire will form part of their Strategic Hiring Plans for 2024 and work closely with HR to ensure Payroll runs smoothly for circa 500 employees across the world. They have fantastic offices in the heart of Leicester and close network links such as Trains and Buses. They will be commutable from all areas of Leicester, Leicestershire, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Coalville, Hinckley and Market Harborough, and also further away via trains from areas such as Derby, Nottingham and Birmingham.
The business has been operating for more than 20 years and have been leaders in their field for the majority of their time. They have succeeded massively with incorporating and investing heavily in technology to help diversity their product portfolio to ensure that they remain competitive and leaders in their field. They have many exciting projects coming up in 2024 which will prove their dominance in the market.
The duties of the Payroll Manager will include:
- Oversee accurate and timely payroll processing for all employees, ensuring compliance with laws and company policies.
- Develop and enforce payroll policies, staying informed about labour laws to ensure compliance.
- Maintain up-to-date records of employee compensation, deductions, and taxes, and generate accessible payroll reports for auditing.
- Manage employee benefits tied to payroll, collaborating with HR to implement changes and communicate programmes.
- Prepare for and participate in internal and external audits, ensuring organised documentation accessibility.
- Stay current with tax laws, calculate payroll taxes, and ensure timely remittance to relevant authorities.
- Serve as a point of contact for employee inquiries, fostering effective communication and high-level customer service across teams.
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of payroll systems, providing training and troubleshooting support.
The right Payroll Manager will have:
- Preferably, possess a degree in finance, accounting, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Thorough understanding of UK payroll legislation, tax regulations, and employment laws.
- Effective communication skills for engaging with various departments, external agencies, and employees.
- Extensive hands-on experience in overseeing end-to-end payroll processing and management.
- Proficient in using UK payroll software and adapting to new technologies.
- Robust comprehension of compliance requirements and staying abreast of legislative changes.
- Professional certifications such as CIPP qualification can augment candidacy.
- Keen attention to detail for precise calculations, compliance adherence, and thorough record keeping.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in resolving payroll-related issues and discrepancies
- Previous experience in leading and managing a payroll team for managerial roles.
The package on offer for the Payroll Manager includes:
- Salary package of £40,000 to £50,000, depending on experience
- Hybrid working flexibility
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced pension
- Generous holiday allowance
- Online discounts portal
- Professional study support